This was so easy and so good. I doubted the thickening technique, because boiling low fat dairy is always a risk, but I looked away for too long and the whole mix was at a rolling boil and it didn’t break! Win.
Adapted from a Taste of Home.
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 T. butter
- 3 C. chicken broth (I use Better than Bouillon Chicken base)
- 1# potatoes (about 2 med.), cubed.
- 2-3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1.5 C. cooked chicken breast/leftover rotisserie meat
- 1/2 C. frozen peas
- 1/2 C. frozen corn
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cup milk
- dried parsley
- fresh chives, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add broth, potatoes, and carrots, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for ~15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken, corn, peas, a few shakes of parsley.
- Combine flour and milk, stir until smooth, stir to soup pot.
- Bring mix just to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add small handful of fresh with chives.