Smitten Kitchen’s proportions are my favorite, but I generally add more lemon. And I can’t seem to NOT skin the chickpeas anymore. It really does make a difference.
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (1 3/4 cups cooked, drained chickpeas (or 2/3 C. dried)
- 1/2 C. tahini paste (Once Again brand is my current favorite. Made from dry roasted sesame seeds!)
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice, or more to taste. (I often use a whole lemon, unless it’s particularly big or extra juicy, then half.)
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 t. table salt, or more to taste
- ~1/4 cup water or reserved chickpea cooking water
- Peel chickpeas.
- In food processor, blend chickpeas until powdery clumps form.
- Add tahini, lemon, garlic, salt. Blend to a thick puree.
- Drizzle water while machine is running, until desired consistency.