My slight adaption of a Wendy’s copycat chili recipe. Our household chili.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 (16 oz) cans of beans – pinto, black, kidney, etc.
- 1 C. diced onion
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 1- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2-3 t. cumin
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1 16 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 t. black pepper
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 2 C. water
- Brown the meat, drain any excessive fat.
- Add onions and celery, saute until starting to soften.
- Add spices, saute for a minute or so, then add tomatoes, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for a couple of hours.
(Sometimes I’ll sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of masa harina/fine cornmeal for flavor and thickening. )